Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Obligatory first post

I was born and raised in the Bay Area of California and have been interested in theatre all my life. While I chose to study Psychology in college, I did earn a minor in Theatre Arts performance and have been acting since I was in high school. In 2005 I took a break from acting because I didn't believe I was good enough to earn a living from it (a decision I deeply regret). Recently, through encouragement from friends and family I have begun my journey to try and "make it." Unfortunately the institutions I've studied at thus far have left me ill-prepared for becoming an acting professional. Wondering if there were others like me I've decided to blog on my journey as well as throwing in theatre happenings in the Bay Area, and reviews on theatre related books and shows. Hope that this journey proves fruitful. I cannot even guess how this will turn out.

~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment